Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Voicemail/Answering Machine

A few notes to those planning to leave me a voicemail/message:

1) When I say "please leave me a detailed message," you should probably note that leaving a phone number for me to return your call as you've requested is a good idea...especially if I have never spoken with you before in my life.

2) Trying to win the Guiness Book of World Records for speaking the quickest when leaving your phone number is not my idea of a joke. If it takes me more than 3 tries to figure out your number, I will delete your message.

3) Leaving me a message while you are snacking on your bag of chips does nothing but make me want to hunt you down and steal your chips, so I can have some too. You should understand that I probably won't call you back...I'll be too busy finding some chips of my own.

4) Our answering machine: "Hi, this is Mike and Amy. We don't want our debt consolidated, we don't have 30 seconds to take your survey, we already give our money to charity, our carpets are already clean, we have already won 17 brand new convertibles, with no strings attached, and we don't want new siding. If you're still with us, leave a message." Take a hint, salesman!

5) I speak English only...need I say more?

Please take these things into consideration before leaving me a message. Thank you. :)

3 comments:

doug said...

Ok you forgot a few things. One you still have a trip for free that you have won, and only have to pay for travel, boarding fee, GAS!!!, (which costs the same as the vacation). and didn't you take spanish.

Amy said...

Yes, but there is a difference between taking 3 years of high school Spanish and speaking the language fluently. :)

doug said...

I just wish they would take some kind of english if they want to live up here. I hate going to McD's and ordering chesseburger and getting tea!!!!!!!