Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Oh the things my dog does

Simon is such a scaredy cat (er, dog). Since we've gotten him he has managed to freak out, barking excessively, growling uncontrollably, and cowering like a scared child getting beat up by the bully at least three times. What does he freak out about? Random, stupid stuff.

I have a kitchen floor mat with a chef on it. It was sitting up against the trash can so that the chef was "standing up." He freaked out. Thought the chef was real and was going to get him.

Another time (more than once), we has gone balistic about a tall lamp that sits in our living room. We taped him on our video camera because it was so funny to watch him.

This morning, he was sitting on my bed facing the night stand and suddenly starts growling and backing up on the bed. I couldn't figure out what he was freaking out about, so I walked over to the night stand. He had himself a full blown hissy fit when I picked up my piggy bank and sat it down next to him. He took off running into the living room! LOL! I went and got him and made him get close to it and touch it so that he would know it wouldn't hurt him. He hated it! Finally he started licking it. Guess it scared him again b/c after about 5 minutes, he tucked his tail and ran away barking. He barked at that stinking piggy bank (which is about 1/4 his size) for 20 minutes.

Cheap entertainment. :)

1 comment:

doug said...

If you video taped it then send it into americas funniest animal videos. Could make some good cash.