Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Fast paced society

It's been raining here for like 4 days, and yesterday it cleared up just long enough to display a beautiful rainbow in Tulsa. I was driving home from seeing my brother-in-law at the hospital and stopped at a signal light that was red. I looked to my right and admired the beauty of such a thick rainbow--I haven't seen one that huge in a long time. I was completely engrossed in such a wonderful display, when I was rudely interrupted with a "BEEP! BEEP!"

Apparently the woman behind me wasn't as impressed with the rainbow as I was and was more interested in where she had to be. I moaned outloud that I was going and started griping in my mind about how impatient she was, etc, etc. Then as I merged onto the highway I thought to myself, "Pretty sure if I hadn't seen that rainbow and I was stuck behind someone who didn't immediately go at the first glimpse of green, I would have been laying on the horn too.

Ahh well, gotta keep up with this fast-paced society.

No comments: