Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Today I...

Sat in one spot for 30 minutes on my way to work because there was a wreck on the two lane road I was driving on and no where to divert the traffic...Not. Fun.
Swerved over 3 lanes on the highway to miss a dog that decided to dart in front of all the cars.
Suddenly remembered all the times that my mother told me if it came down to saving my life or an animal's on the road, choose my own. Apologized to myself for choosing the latter.
Got sad when I saw yet another rain cloud creep in this morning.
Lost my footing outside and tripped off the curb. Everyone rushed over to ask if I was okay. I laughed out loud.
Wrote a check for $1.87 at Arby's.
Laughed out loud again in my car as I replayed the above mentioned curb scenario in my mind.
Thought seriously about prank calling the local paper to get back at them for not delivering our past 2 newspapers on time.
Thought better of it when I told myself they might have callerid.
Felt guilty for not sharing my fries from Arby's with my co-worker who LOVES fries.
Turned all my pens and pencils in my utensil holder so that all caps and erasers were on top. Got warm fuzzies inside just looking at them.

2 comments:

doug said...

During all this time shouldn't you have been working instead of playing with your pencils.

Amy said...

It was my lunchtime, punk! :)