Thursday, March 31, 2005

The turkey saga continues

As my department was driving to Freckles Frozen Custard, the destination of our "emergency meeting,"the topic of the mysteriously disappearing turkeys arose. We all threw out our ideas of how the attacking vulchers were "removed from the property," when one of my co-workers got all excited.

Apparently, Channel 6 had nothing better to report on this past week, and as my co-worker was channel surfing during the 6:00 news hour, she stumbled upon--our turkeys!! There they were on TV pecking the crap out of the windows of a retirement home about a half mile from my work. It was obviously still mating season as they made that God-awful screech while pecking uncontrollably at that poor elderly couple's residence. There was so much commotion going on with these oversized birds that the elderly couple was probably scared to leave their home. What a tragedy.

How the heck did Channel 6 know where to find them?

I still want to know how they got there.

1 comment:

April said...

I was telling someone about this turkey drama the other day...it cracks me up! If you investigate any further you just might find out the answer to the ever so popular and overly asked question, "Why did the [insert: turkey] cross the road?"