Friday, March 25, 2005

An eventful evening

It's officially spring time, and in Oklahoma that means crazy, unpredictable weather. Yesterday marked the first sunshine filled day in a week around here, so as you can imagine, I was thrilled. I even wore a very springy skirt and shirt to celebrate the much anticipated beautiful weather.

Last night I was sitting in the bedroom watching some TV while Mike was in the dining room working on one of his songs on the computer. Suddenly out of no where it sounds like someone is jumping on our roof. I quickly muted the TV and realized, that no, it wasn't someone jumping on our roof, but was actually huge chunks of hail beating down on our house. "Is that hail?!," I screamed as I ran into the dining room as Mike was jumping up to look behind our dark green sheet, which is our substitute curtain, outside to see pellets of hail falling to the ground. I quickly remembered that my car was sitting outside in the driveway because Mike had been working on a project in my space in the garage. Mike and I frantically fumbled around trying to get the stuff out of my space and find my keys.

When Mike gets out of my car, he is holding his arm screaming at the stinkin hail. He took his hand away to discover that a piece of hail had pelted his arm so hard it had scraped the skin off. It wasn't gushing blood or anything, but I could tell it definetly hurt him. We fussed for a few seconds about how big the hail was and how bad his arm hurt, then we each resumed to our own stations watching TV and playing on the computer.

What an adventure. To go from 70 degrees to pieces of hail that quickly just goes to show you can never predict Oklahoma weather.

No comments: