Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Road kill

Working in a building dedicated to geophysical resources, the property that our building sits on is absolutely beautiful. We have a couple of ponds with ducks that swim around, grass the color of four leaf clovers all year round, and of course I can't forget to mention the small "Squirrel crossing" signs at each bridge.

As I was leaving the parking lot for lunch today, I noticed that someone had not been paying attention to the squirrel signs and had plum run over a little squirrel...either that or the squirrel just killed over. In any case, its little feet were sticking straight up to the sky. To my amazement, a couple of our "animal activists" were jogging during lunch and took the time to stop by the squirrel, pick him up and move him out of the road. Oh.my.disgusting. Dead squirrel--now on the side of the road instead of directly in the middle. Note to self: do not shake hands with these people today. An evilish grin came over my face as I started to roll down my window and say, "How nice of you to catch my supper for me." I thought better of it and continued on. After all, I have to work with these people.

No comments: