Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Memories like an elephant

While my sister and I have pretty much nothing in common in the way of looks, we share a lot of the same personality traits and often find ourselves thinking and talking the same things. One of the most unique things about us is that we have the strangest sense of recollection about the most unusual things.

I remember what Jason was wearing the day he broke up with me in 3rd grade, not what he actually used as an excuse to not be with me anymore. My sister remembers strange things like the brand of watch one of her friend's dad wore after only seeing him once. Or what we had to eat for breakfast the first day of Kindergarten. Or how many times the light was consecutively green on a trip across town 12 years ago.

Who remembers this kind of stuff? And why did we get cursed remembering such trivial things? Who cares that Jessica only drinks skim milk 4 days out of the week or that Matt got detention 17 times in the 7th grade?

Maybe someday our exceptional knowledge about things of the past will come in handy...

No comments: