Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Spring fever....er cold

Being outside in the beautiful weather this past weekend, I started getting that small burst of excitement that spring has nearly arrived. Of course being in Oklahoma, one should never let that burst of excitement get the best of them until at least the middle or end of April. For all we know it could snow next week.

I should have listened to my own advice. I was so excited that it actually reached over 80 on Saturday, that I thought the likeliness of it being below 60 yesterday and today was nil. So I got up yesterday morning, looked out the window to see the sun shining brightly, went to my closet and pulled out one of my spring outfits and a cute pair of sandals to match. I went into the garage and started my car. It wasn't until I arrived at work and opened the door to get out of my car that I realized what a tragic mistake I had made. It was not 60...it was not even close to 60...somewhere around 35 I am sure. All the way into work I started cursing myself for jumping the gun on spring in Oklahoma. What was I thinking?! Next time I will look at the temperature gauge outside my door BEFORE I leave the house in a skirt and sandals in 30 degree temperatures.

1 comment:

Jgirl said...

Spring fever will get you everytime:) I've done that, too...maybe not to the extent of 35 degrees though! Hopefully, you received a barrage of compliments on your cute, spring outfit to make up for it:)

J