Friday, July 01, 2005

The time has come!!!

Wow! It's been a busy week--going back to school during the day, having revival every night at church, celebrating my mother in law's birthday, packing for our trip, etc. etc...

Mike and I are leaving for a vacation in Saint Louis today--FINALLY! I thought vacation time would never get here. :) Last night was my only night to pack for our trip, so I went straight home from work and started my process...do you have a process to getting ready for a vacation, or is that just my anal retentive organization side rearing its ugly head again? I made my list of things to pack--just my luck I would forget to pack something vital like shoes or something. I layed all my stuff on the bed and had Mike lay everything he wanted to wear the entire week on the bed. It didn't surprise me when I came back into the bedroom after he had told me was finished and found only a handful of things laying on the bed. I called him back into the bedroom and told him he didn't have enough shirts (no, that isn't the girl in me thinking he needed 3 outfits a day...he really didn't have enough shirts--not even enough for one each day). He came back in and threw a few more on the bed and walked out. What is it about packing that guys hate so much?! I love it!! Next to food and celebrating my birthday, its one of my favorite things!

I always feel like I don't ever pack enough stuff. Okay THAT IS the girl in me, but who cares...its vacation! You never know what you're going to need. I neatly organized Mike's stuff into one suitcase and actually managed to get my stuff into ONE, yes ONE, suitcase...okay, so I had to put some of my shoes into Mike's suitcase...

I finished up the last of the laundry so I wouldn't have to come back to a messy house and double the laundry load. There's nothing worse than coming home from vacation to a messy house and then the process of unpacking and cleaning everything that you wore on your vacation...oooo, I better not think about that now...it might burst my "YAY! I'm going on vacation today!" bubble.

So, we're off...We'll be gone until the end of next week, so for all of you whose lives revolve around reading my blog (alright, so I'm sure that's no one), don't miss me too much while I'm gone...enjoy doing real life stuff like working, paying bills, etc. etc....

3 comments:

doug said...

Well I take it you left on Monday!!!!!!!! lol Seeing as how you and your sister was late for everything. Anyone who has went anywhere with you knows you love to pack. That is why you are always two hours late for everything. Have fun and don't have to much fun remember some of us don't get time or manage our money well enough to go on vacations.

doug said...

After reading my last post over, you can tell I wasn't an english major. lol

Anonymous said...

Amy~ I am SO SUPER SORRY!!!! After all that, I can't believe I forgot to take you to the airport! LOL! I really really am sorry!! Glad you came up with an alternate plan!!! Please don't hate me forever!