Monday, September 19, 2005

And then there were trees

I am very lucky to be alive today.

As you come into my work parking lot, the road forks and you can go either way to get to the area to park your car. Like I always do, I stayed on the straight path instead of taking a right. A few feet into the straight path, I suddenly slam on my brakes as I sit stunned watching a very large tree branch fall right into my path. It covered the entire road. As I was sitting there dumbfounded, I watched again as another branch fell right on top of the first one.

Surely there was someone up in the tree with a chainsaw cutting these limbs to the ground. It wasn't storming. There hadn't been lightening in over a week...what was going on? There was no such man sitting in the tree.

After a few minutes pondering what had just happened, I said out loud, "Okay, Lord, I get it. You don't want me to go this way." :) So I backed up and went around the other way. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come today.

What a way to start a Monday!

No comments: