Tuesday, January 04, 2005

All Things Audrey

Well, upon reading a fellow bloggers entry, I started thinking about my 2004 year end review. Other than the obvious things such as getting married, buying a house, and becoming a grownup all in one year, I started thinking about the fun things that I enjoyed this year.
For those that know me well, know that I have a very small interest in Audrey Hepburn...okay, okay, so its slightly more than just a "small" interest--there are pictures of her in my office at work, a picture of her on my cell phone, my guest bedroom is done up with some of her best pics...so you might say I have an insanely great interest in her.
So thinking back this year to some of my more fond Audrey moments, I remember getting my very first (and favorite) Audrey movie--"My Fair Lady"--as a prize for winning a contest at work...people have noticed my fascination with her...it's starting to spread.
Then, of course, I can't forget Halloween, where I dressed up as her and ended up winning the costume contest at work. Got four free movies at the theater out of that one. ;)


Finally, for Christmas, I got the Audrey Hepburn DVD trilogy box set with three of her best movies, "Breakfast at Tiffany's," "Sabrina," and "Roman Holiday," and an Audrey wall calendar. This was a good Christmas.
So, I guess it would be safe to say that looking back this year, the little things made me the happiest. Who else gets this excited about someone who passed away close to 12 years ago?

No comments: