Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Oh the sweet children

So it's been really windy out here in Tulsa lately. I was standing at my window on the 5th floor looking down on the parking lot and something down below caught my eye: Two small girls, probably around 4 or 5 were standing by their mother's mini van hugging one another and dancing around like little girls do while their mother was working on getting another infant child out of the van and into a stroller. A piece of art that looked like a rainbow made of construction paper hanging on a hangar, probably made by one of the girls, flew out of the van and under the car next to it...both little girls oblivious to their art making a sudden dash into the wind. The mother turned her back to all three children as she worked feverishly to get the rest of her gear out of the van. The infant in the car seat was the only one that caught sight of the rainbowed paper flittering around and reached out to grab it. Suddenly, the infant's car seat starts to roll down the parking lot as the wind captured it--the infant with her arms flailing about still concerned with catching the papered rainbow. The two little girls started to dance around to the other side of the van, obviously not noticing that their smaller sister was rolling away.

By now, the smile on my face was undeniable...I wanted to go down and help this poor woman, but I knew that by the time I made it down there, she would realize that all of her children were not in the places she last saw them. Then she finally turned around and noticed...it was a little humerous to watch her running back and forth trying to round up the older girls and running to catch up to her suddenly-16 infant who decided to take a drive around the lot. As she finally gathered up her children and her gear, one of the older girls noticed the papered rainbow under the car. As they walked into the building like nothing had happened, it made me smile...it was a nice few moments of entertainment. But I definitely know now that I do not want three children...too much to handle! :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sound like my life, only I don't have three kids, just 2. Still, lifes crazy once you through kids into the mix!

doug said...

Can you just imagine when ppl where having 10-12 kids, and do you rememeber James saying he wanted 17 kids but couldn't keep his mind striaght with 12 on a trip to Mexico. Awww the fun we put him through!!!

Amy said...

Doug-yes we certainly made James work on that trip...what a riot!! And a great trip at that!! :)

doug said...

I would love to take that trip again. It was the funnest time i have ever had.

Amy said...

D~ Yes, there are soo many great memories from that trip...I'd definitely relive that trip again. :)

doug said...

I might have joined in on the games at night if you would have went. :-)

Amy said...

D-Um...I was there...and I vaguely remember going down to your room, trying to drag your sleepy butt out of bed to join us...

doug said...

It wasn't so much that i was sleepy, as i was burnt and hurting. I really didn't want to move.

Amy said...

Yes, but if you knew then what you know now, do you think you would have reconsidered? :)

doug said...

I did Know then, mike told me what game you all were going to play. Like i said i was hurting. Now if i was able to have move, well i will keep those comments to myself. ;-)