Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Hum that tune!

Don't you hate it when you get that annoying song stuck in your head and it just keeps playing over and over in your mind? You try everything humanly possible to remove the tune from the barriers of your mind, but you just can't shake it. And, not to mention, it has to be the annoying ones...it's never any good ones that you might actually enjoying humming more than once.

I get in trouble many times at my house for singing "in the meadow we can build a snowman" because 95% of the time it's never the season of green and red jolly. I don't know why, but that song will just hit me at random moments in my everyday life...and it's always just that one phrase!! :) (Keeps me in the Christmas spirit year-round, but I'll admit, it is annoying.)

So today I have one going through my head, which isn't the annoying part...I can't remember what the name of it is!! And it doesn't really have words-just a bunch of bah dee buh dahs, so I can't even ease my tortured mind and go look the song up.

Other annoying songs to get stuck in your head:
"Blue" (the one that the entire song sings about things that are blue)
"I'm In Love With a Stripper"
"Long Neck Bottle"
"Who Let the Dogs Out"

What are annoying songs that get stuck in your head?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I constantly have the I'm in love with a stripper in my head...

I can't get rid of it!!

Amy said...

LL~Hey, if I have to suffer through these songs in my head, so can everyone else...it's a team effort, you know. :)

doug said...

Long neck bottle is a good song. One you could replace it with This is the song that never ends
It just goes on and on my friend

Someone started singing not knowing what it was
And they will continue singing it forever just because

This is the song that never ends
It just goes on and on my friend

Someone started singing not knowing what it was
And they will continue singing it forever just because

This is the song that never ends
It just goes on and on my friend

Someone started singing not knowing what it was
And they will continue singing it forever just because

This is the song that never ends
It just goes on and on my friend

(repeat until death)

Amy said...

D~ Yes, I thought about putting that song down, but thought better of it b/c I didn't want it stuck in my head...and now it is. Thank you very much.

doug said...

Your welcome. It has been in my head all day too. Eric told me that he had that song stuck in his head for a few days and it got me to thinking about it. We used to sing it on trips to annoy mom and dad.

Amy said...

LL~ROFLOL...oh the good ole days of making up cool things to say on long General Council road trips. :)