Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Meet Butch

We have a new pet frog in our backyard. He's been here since Saturday...at least that's when I discovered him in my flower bed. He's brown and about 3 inches long. He blends in well with the dirt, so I didn't see him until I was picking weeds from the flower bed and I guess I got too close to his personal space and he hopped a few feet away.

A couple of days ago, I guess he decided that the gladiola flower bed wasn't comfortable enough for him, so he moved over to the impassions on the top level. He waddled into the dirt and made a new bed for himself. He stays in the same spot all the time--what a boring life.

I sprayed him with water when I was watering my flowers and he didn't hop away. He just wiped his face off with his right foot (hand, whatever frogs have) and sat there. I even tried talking to him and kicking the stones around, but he didn't budge. He is stubborn.

I told my sister about him, and she said she was ready to be an aunt. Lord willing, Mike and I are still several years away from having children...well, ones with flesh anyways. Our next step is a dog. But since we haven't found the right one yet (and yes, I am looking) I guess the frog will have to do for now. I will name him Butch.

I will be sad if I go home to water my flowers tonight and Butch is gone. Four days is enough time to get attached, right? Well, okay maybe not for a frog. I am not attached.

Truth be known, I hate frogs. They are slimy and gross. I will never touch Butch...on purpose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know I am past the point of wanting Amy & Mike to have kids. I want them to want them when they feel right. So, Butch will do for me. I am glad to finally be an aunt!!! Butch and I will get along great and I WILL be the FAVORITE AUNT!!