Thursday, May 19, 2005

It's not my fault.

Just so we are clear, I take NO responsibility for my appearance today. All of the credit goes to the wonderful thunder/rain storm that we have been having this morning that caused my electricity to blow halfway through my process of getting ready.

I stood there in the bathroom getting ready to curl my hair when all of a sudden, the lights are gone. The irony here is that I had previously played this scenario in my mind as I was standing in the shower hoping that I wouldn't be left standing in the dark with the water running. I scrambled around to get the flashlight and quickly lit a candle. Luckily, I got to use my curling iron while it was still hot--it was difficult to do that though, with only the light from a candle.

I am almost ashamed to admit I said this, but it is a typical "Amy statement," so I'm sure you'd expect nothing less. I frantically called Mike and told him I guess I'd have to stay home from work today, or at least until the power came back on. When he asked why, I said, "Well, because my car is in the garage and the power doesn't work so I can't get the door open..." (insert jokes about Amy here) Then he precedes to tell me, that all I have to do is manually lift up the door to get it open....DUH! I knew that....I'll blame that one on the weather too--I was all flustered from the power being out that I couldn't think clearly. :)

After all that, I forgot to wear a belt today. :( Might as well blame that on the weather too...everything else is because of the weather today.

3 comments:

doug said...

You couldn't look as bad as the day in Mexico, when Mike and I kept knocking on your door.

Amy said...

No, you are right...I will never look that bad again! LOL!

April said...

Lol! :)