Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Sitting in traffic

So, I was on my way to work this morning when the traffic came to a dead stop (the signal light was out ahead). As I was sitting there in one place for what seemed to be an eternity (in reality was only 10 minutes), I began to observe the people around me. Have you ever noticed how funny people are when they don't realize that someone is watching them?
To my left was Mrs. Bufont with a stack of hair as high as Priscilla Presley's. Apparently she was running behind because she was putting the rest of her makeup on in the car (I'm sure she was the only one not cursing the signal light for making her late).
To my right was a clean shaven business man, who clearly did not notice me watching him (or else he just didn't care)-- I would give anything to know what song he was listening to in his truck because that was some hard-core jamming that he was doing. Apparently the steering wheel can now be used interchangeably as a large drum set whenever one is not available.
Directly in front of me was a girl about my age who must have been listening to the "Easy-Listening" station or a slow Christmas carol because she was swaying side to side in a steady rhythmic motion (either that or she had a nervous habit and forgot to take her medicine this morning).
If anyone was watching me, they were likely wondering what sort of tragedy had just occurred in my life because the face I was making was one of a confused scowl as I tried to figure out which one of the three vehicles around me would be the most fun to be in right then...probably Mr. Truckjammer--he was definately the most entertaining.
I was almost a little sad as I finally pulled up to the signal to move on, as my new traffic friends and I each went our separate ways.
I love people-watching. It made this morning's drive to work a lot less bland.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I only posted as anonymous because I don't have a loggin name. But I figure if you are gonna take the time to do this, then by golly someone should take the time to comment! I get to be the first!!! You are a true comedienne! I love you! Please don't stop these ROFLOL entries or I will forever CRY!! Your very proud sister,Cheri'