Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Predictable...

One of the things that I struggle with on a daily basis is my ability to make it to work on time. I could leave for work at 7:40 and make it to work at 8:10 or leave my house at 7:15 and I would still make to it work at 8:10! What is the deal?!

Well, this week I am proud to say that I made it to work on time or even EARLY (can you believe it!) everyday...until today. :( I think it is truthfully impossible for me to arrive on time 5 days in one week. I was excited this morning as I was gathering my things together at 7:27 because I knew that I would be at work on time! As I bent down to pick up my bag the house phone rang. I looked at the callerid and was greeted by Mike's work number. As I answered the phone Mike asked me if I had an extra set of keys to my car. Well, no--why would I be responsible enough to make an extra key to my car?! Apparently when Mike picked me up last night from mom's, my purse tumbled over and my keys fell onto his floorboard.

I remember making a spare and giving it to my mom, but the likliness of her knowing where it is after the move is probably nonexistant. But I called her anyway. Sure enough she didn't know where it was, but she offered to let me drive her car to work today so that Mike wouldn't have to drive all the way home from work to bring my keys to me. How sweet. :)

What frustrates me the most in this whole situation is not the fact that I left my stinkin keys in Mike's car, or that I had to drive Mom's car to work today, or even that I was forced to eat an extra cookie while I waited on Dad to bring me the car...what frustrates me is the fact that I knew that my chances to be at work on time 5 days in a row were over...and it was only day 3! It must be that perfectionism that is creeping out again...

No comments: