Monday, August 13, 2007

OCD

Last night at Carl's Jr, some of the kids in my youth group started teasing me about the weird OCD things that I do. They made me list all of my quirkiness, which got me thinking about why I do some of these things. And I couldn't come up with a reason, so I'm just going to list them for you instead:

1) I won't step on sewer grates or grates of any kind on the ground. I always walk around.
2) I write words and a certain "heart" shape in the air with my finger. Randomly.
3) When eating a bowl of cereal, I have to eat one or two pieces dry before I put milk in the bowl.
4) Speaking of cereal, if there are different colors (i.e. Trix, Fruit Loops, Cap'n Crunch, etc) I must eat one color at a time.
5) The clock in the car must always be displayed.
6) All of my DVDs must be alphabetized.
7) The clock in my bedroom must be set 10 minutes fast.
8) When on a phone call, I doodle words that I hear in the conversation.
9) When I sit down at the piano, I have to play a "C" chord first.
10) The clothes in my closest must be organized first by style, then by color.
11) I always take my shoes off when I drive home from work. No other time.
12) I can only write with a certain blue ink pen in my Planner.

What are some of yours?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great list! I need to make one because I have several OCD tendencies but only 3 come to mind:
1. Also alphabetize DVDs, CDs too. A seperate binder holds soundtracks, also alphabetized.
2. Candy such as reese's pieces , skittles and M&M's are eaten 2 at a time by color.
3. Clothes in closet also organized by style and color and length i.e. casual sleeveless shirts, short sleeve, 3/4 sleeve, long sleeve.

Sweet Yet Sassy said...

3,4,5 and 12 are mine on your list...except pencil only in planner (unless it is birthdays which will always occur on that day!)

Anonymous said...

Wow - sad to say that I too have 8 of the exact same OCD habits. Yes, that's right, EIGHT. Plus the one Heather said about eating candy in a color-coordinated way. I have to use a black pen in my planner instead of blue. I love the list. I don't think it's OCD. I think it's organized. :)

doug said...

You forgot how you will not eat pizza without cleaning it with your napkin.

Amy said...

D-No, that's just b/c it is covered in grease. I don't do that on every pizza...only pepperoni that has a layer of grease on top. :)