Friday, August 03, 2007

My dog

My dog, Simon, is really funny. He makes me laugh. A lot. But, as much as I love him, sometimes, he's a little annoying.

Whenever I have a day off or a chance to sleep in, he doesn't like it. Starting around 7:30 or 8, he sticks his nose in my face to wake me up. If I don't wake up, he licks my face. Usually, I push him away and roll over and that satisfies him for another 15-30 minutes. Then he comes back and does the same thing. All he wants is for me to get out of bed and go into the living room with him. So sometimes, I will go open the blinds in the living room for him to look out, then go back to bed...but before long, he's back licking my face trying to get me to go in there with him.

The annoying part is that every single time I give in b/c I can't sleep anyway with him licking my face, I'll go into the living room and sit on the couch with him or fix my breakfast whatever...Five minutes later I look for him and he's back in bed in the bedroom!! You stinking dog! Tell me why I had to get up out of bed just so you could go back in there and lay down. Sigh. He really is a smart dog--I think he just wants my "spot" on the bed so he can sprawl out and get comfy. Little stinker!

No comments: