Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Without Water

I now have a great understanding of the phrase "You don't know what you've got til it's gone." We were without water this morning. We've been having some problems with our shower leaking. So Mike took the part that was bad with him to work this morning to get a replacement after work...hence, no water.

At least I got some warning. He told me last night he was taking the part and asked if I could go a day without washing my hair in the morning. Since my hair is so thin, the answer was an obvious no. It'd be staticky (is that a word? ha) and nasty by lunch time if I didn't wash it this morning. So, I filled some pitchers with water so I would have some to wash my hair in the sink this morning, then took a shower last night.

Long story longer: Went to wash my hair this morning in the sink and the once-warm water was now ice. cold. Pretty sure I screamed like a freight train going 75 mph, trying to stop from hitting something on the tracks only 20 feet away. It was freakin' freezing...on.my.head. My brain hurt when I got the nerve to finish.

Even knowing that the water was off, out of habit, I still turned the knob to brush my teeth expecting water to come out. Doh! What an idiot. Even something as little as flushing the toilet...not going to happen.

This could get interesting.

No comments: