Tuesday, November 21, 2006

More travel drama

So I flew to San Antonio yesterday, and learned something new in the process. Since I was only staying one night, I didn't bother checking any luggage-I just fit everything I needed into one bag(!!!). I was careful to buy trial size items of everything I needed so that going through security would be a breeze. I was careful to seperate my liquids into a seperate ziplock bag and have everything ready for a smooth transition through security.

When I set my crap on the conveyor belt, the woman on the other side said "Your ziplock bag is too big. Go back to the first check point and see if she has one smaller." Sigh. So I did. And I threw my oversized bag in the trash, then proceeded back through the line. Of course, it wasn't over...it never is for me. They pulled my bag off the conveyor belt and told me they needed to search through it. The conversation went as follows:

Her: Do you have a tub of something in here?
Me: Well...I have some Noxzema in there.
Her: Where?
Me (digging through my bag): Right here. I didn't seperate it with my liquids because it is not a liquid. It's solid.
Her: Liquids, gels, or pastes.
Me thinking: It's not a liquid, gel, or paste, it's a SOLID!
Her: Do you have a ziplock bag to put this in?
Me thinking: Did you not just see me throw my only bag away because it was too big??
Me: No, you just told me to throw it away...
Her: Secondary check!!

A man walks over and says, "Ma'am, this is 14 oz. You are only allowed 3 oz. You can put it in your checked luggage."
Me: I didn't check any. I'm only staying one night.
Him: Well, what do you want me to do?
Me thinking: Let me have my friggin Noxzema and go on my merry way.
Me: ...
Him: If you don't want to check your bag, I'll have to toss it.
Me thinking: I just bought it!!
Me: Pitch it, it's not worth it.
Then I cried as he threw my brand new $8 tub of Noxzema in the trash.

What did I learn yesterday: Noxzema is a liquid, not a solid. Next time I fly I just need to pack every item in my bag into a ziplock bag and put them all in seperate tubs for inspection.

I friggin' HATE terrorists. They owe me an $8 tub of Noxzema.

3 comments:

doug said...

echo...echo.......echo..............echo...................................echo!!!!!!! lol

Amy said...

I fixed it punk.

Anonymous said...

Lip gloss is also considered a liquid. I also shed a tear as my brand new Lancome lip gloss was thrown away by airport security.