Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Soap box

It's started. It's officially started. I saw my first Christmas commercial earlier this week. The stores have had Christmas crap up for a few weeks now. Wal-Mart had a sign up this weekend that said "52 shopping days until Christmas." I give it until this weekend before I start seeing Christmas lights up on the houses in my neighborhood.

What is the matter with people?? Halloween has barely been buried, and I'm certain it isn't cold in the ground yet and people are moving straight through to the end of December. I feel sorry for Thanksgiving. I really do. It's like it just gets brushed over like dust under a rug.

This just happens to be one of my biggest pet peeves: decorating for a holiday before the next one in line has passed. So, in honor of my biggest pet peeve being violated, let's take a moment of silence for Thanksgiving, as it will soon be long forgotten.

*pause*

Okay, that is all. Stepping off my soap box now.

3 comments:

doug said...

update only 48 days till Christmas. Only 24 till Lady lucks birthday. I would think you would be thinking of that before Christmas. Only 83 days till Amy's birthday. Should i think of that before or after Christmas. LOL

Amy said...

Tough call Doug, since my birthday IS my favorite holiday...

I think that's a first...someone else started my birthday count down before me! ha

LITTLE MISS said...

I KNOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

Seriously. Thanksgiving is already "done" and we've moved on to Christmas. I went to Target the.day.before Halloween and everything had been moved over to one small section to make room for the 12 isles of Christmas!!

And Lady Luck? you're too much! LOL.