Monday, November 06, 2006

"Tag, you're it!"

I played "Tag" with my 5 year old niece this weekend. It was just her and me playing, so you can imagine how lively of a game it was...we went back and forth tagging each other for about 15 minutes. After some time of running around, she ran over to the wall, tagged it and screamed "BASE!" It was to my astonishment the words that proceeded from my mouth when she screamed "base:"

"One, two, three, get off my father's apple tree!"

Those words haven't come out of my mouth in over a decade and a half. I still can't believe some of the things that my archaic mind pulls up when I'm least expecting it.

2 comments:

doug said...

I hated playing tag, cause as the fat kid you always got tagged and couldn't catch anyone. :-(

Amy said...

Yes me too! :)