Friday, October 20, 2006

The time has finally arrived

Mike and I are leaving for vacation in California tomorrow. We are flying into Sacramento, renting a car and just driving south to San Diego, stopping wherever we feel like it. I am very excited. The Planner in me is stressing just a little by the fact that we have NO concrete plans other than our flights and car rental. I have no hotels lined up...and only a brief list of places we know for sure we want to see. We are relying solely on his GPS unit to get us everywhere. Those that know me, know why this stresses me out. I am a Planner for a living, which means I like to have every detail planned out and ready BEFORE we get there. This trip will be a true test of my ability to "relax" and enjoy myself without the pressure of having to be anal about everything that we do...we'll see. :)

I am in vacation mode in the worst way. I have been here pretty much all week, but have forced myself to stay focused and get the things done that I needed to before I leave. It has been very hard...especially when random people stop by to ask me about my trip and offer suggestions on places for us to stop at while we are there. Don't get me wrong, I totally appreciate their suggestions and comments. I just wish we were there already!!

California here we come!!! :)

No comments: