Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I've been leaving you stranded long enough.

So I apologize for being a little out of sorts lately. I forgot to mention that I was leaving for a trip to Charlotte, NC last Saturday...January is always a busy month. Quite frankly, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm too busy to keep up with a blog anymore...

Charlotte was beautiful, even though it rained the first 3 days we (my co-worker and I) were there. We went for a conference for Meeting Planners. The conference was great-fun and educational. I always enjoy learning things about other nationwide planners. They had a trade show one of the days, so I got a lot of free goodies. Meeting professionals give some great gifts at their booths, btw. :) Mike and I have decided that we want to go to Hawaii for vacation this fall, so I stopped by all the Hawaii booths to get some information. Got some fun goodies there too. :)

My co-worker and I ended up flying home a day early. She was getting sick and couldn't stay the last night...she just wanted to be home, and quite frankly I don't blame her. There is nothing worse than being away from home when you are sick. I was planning to stay the extra night by myself, but got a call from my mom and sister that one of our friends from high school passed away and her funeral is today. I hate it when young people die...I hate it when anyone dies, but she was only 25. It's so sad.

On a side note, Mike and I finally got our hot tub. We love it!! Mike has been working so hard to get everything ready for it. He finished putting in some lights in the back to help light up the deck. Now he is working on putting in a radio out there. This hot tub was the best decision we have made. :) LOL! I can't believe how much work we (mostly Mike) have put into this house. It's like it is a completely different place than what I lived in the 20 years before Mike moved in.

Well, in case anyone else is keeping count, including today, there are only 4 days until the best holiday in the year...that's right...I'm finally going to be 25 on Sunday! Woo hoo!! I can't wait.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Memphis said...

Elisabeth said she was getting some perverted comments. I didn't see them, but who knows? Maybe I said them? Anyway, if she's got a blog now I don't know where it is.