Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Whoosh!

I took Simon out to use the bathroom this morning and the wind was something fierce! I could barely stand up straight as it blew from one direction to another. I got a kick out of watching Simon's ears flap in his face as he tried to balance while using the bathroom.

I had to laugh at one of my neighbors who was unsuccessfully trying to rake all the leaves in his yard into one pile. The wind definitely took charge over that one. Every time he'd pull the leaves together, the wind would scatter them over the yard. I wanted to tell him to just go inside and do that some other time, but I needed the morning laugh so I just watched him.

As I was driving to work, I noticed a squirrel up on an electric wire trying to balance as his tail whipped around aimlessly. I said a silent prayer that it wouldn't be the last time that little guy tried to cross the wire. I've seen my share of squashed squirrel and hoped he made it to the other side.

I've never been to the Windy City, but if today was any glimpse at what it is like to live in Chicago, then I am thankful I'm grounded in Tulsa, where it's windy one day and hot and muggy the next. They always say if you don't like the weather in Oklahoma, stay another day...it'll change.

1 comment:

doug said...

You said it amy. My head and lips are wind burnt from sunday umping richards tournament.