Thursday, November 17, 2005

It's started!

The hustle and bustle of the upcoming holidays. Yesterday marked the start of what will be a very fast next few weeks. I feel like I lost an entire month while I was away in Houston. We had our Thanksgiving Potluck for lunch yesterday at work. Now, I'm a picky eater and don't particularly care for Thanksgiving turkey and ham. I was the child (along with my cousin) who always had a grilled cheese sandwich with my corn and mashed potatoes for the holidays--that is still my preference though I endure the resposibilities of being an adult now, where such things aren't quite kosher for someone who is almost 25. I'd still sit at the kids table if we still had one. So take away the "Thanksgiving feast" and the only things I like about the holiday are the days off from work to spend time with my family and sleep in.

Stores are already covered in Christmas and I've even heard some carols on the radio when I was shopping earlier this week. I'll admit even though it breaks every rule I've set for the holidays, I'm guilty of popping in my first Christmas CD yesterday as I drove home from work. It was so cold outside, it just fit the atmosphere. I felt guilty the entire time, but it was worth it. :) Shhh, don't tell anyone.

I'm excited about some new holiday traditions Mike and I are going to start this season. We're even taking a vacation next month to drive to the Grand Canyon. It should be a great holiday season this year! Woo hoo!

3 comments:

Amy said...

It's sad, I know.

I can't help it...I'm getting weaker in my old age. ;)

doug said...

Hey amy, in arizona there is a deer farm. it is real neat my family stopped by there every time we went to cali. It is like a zoo but you can pet the animals and feed some off them. If you would be interested, let me know and i will see if mom or dad remember where it is at.

Amy said...

Doug-Yes, please!