Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Mmm, mmm, good

I bought some mint trouffles from a co-worker to help her grand-daughter with a school fundraiser. I love mint trouffles...and they love me. I was so excited when she brought my box of 20 trouffles into my office. I took out three and set them on my desk to enjoy and then carefully tucked the box into the back of one of my drawers so they would last for a while.

I popped one into my mouth and the soft, creamy chocolate began to melt in my mouth. Mmmm. It was so good I quickly ate another. About a minute later all three were gone, and I found myself still wanting one more. So I moved all my bags sitting in front of the drawer and pulled it open. I pulled out all the files in the front and reached back for the box. I sneaked out one more truffle and quickly shut the box and put it away again, carefully putting back all my files, pushing the drawer closed, and putting my bags back in place in front of the drawer. It. Was. So. Delightful.

After going through this entire process about 4 times, I finally decided it would be a whole lot easier to just leave them out on my desk.

You guessed it...I ate the entire box! Every. Last. One.

And now I am sad. I want another.

Sniff. Sniff.

And yes, snort. snort.

2 comments:

Life is better blonde said...

Don't feel bad, I stopped by Krispy Kreme yesterday and got a dozen doughnuts. I ate 5 last night. Only 200 calories apiece. I blame it on pms:)

Amy said...

Yes, Elisabeth, that's what I blame it on too! :)