Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Arena football

Mike and I got free tickets to the Tulsa Talons arena football game on Saturday night. First let me tell you that I am a fun girl to go to a ball game with if
A) I know one or more persons participating in the sport
B) The cheerleaders are halfway decent
C) I understand what is going on in the sport or
D) I am merely going to socialize

I must not have been in a very cheery-go-get-'em mood, because I was so annoyed with the morons behind me that kept "accidentally" whacking me on the head with their inflatable cheer sticks. I'm pretty sure they didn't realize they were hitting me, but after the third or fourth time of me blatantly turning around and giving them the "eh, hit me one more time and you're going to think 'Go Talons!'" look they got the general idea.

I did find it amusing that the two boys who were sitting in front of us entertained themselves, not by watching the game, but by beating each other over the head with the inflatable batons. The funny thing was that the other just sat there and took it while the hitter just beat the crap out of his buddy. Then they'd laugh and switch positions.

The cheerleaders pretty much sucked and I came to the conclusion that I could have successfully been a Talon cheeleader, as the hardest thing they did was ruffle their pom poms together and yell "Go team."

All in all, it was nice to get some different scenery, and I had never been to an indoor football game before, so it was pretty fun. I even learned something new: kickers wear two different shoes. Good thing they aren't trying to make a good fashion statement. :)

No comments: