Thursday, April 28, 2005

Oh the memories!

Among the buried treasures that I found in the attic, I came across my journal from the 9th grade. We had to write in it everyday in English class. Below are some of the excerpts that I found amusing:

When asked to write about a fist fight that I had:
"4/10/96-I got in a fight with Audrey because she threw my stuffed lion, and I started the fight because I thought the lion had feelings, and here she was throwing it across the room beating its head against the wall. I sat on her and started beating her face. No one won because she started screaming and my mom ran into my room and broke it up."
I was out of control as a child...WHO was it that convinced me that stuffed animals had feelings?! I can assure you that no one was severly injured--I still remember that incident to this day.

"11/3/95-I spent the night with Audrey last night and when we got in to bed, the bed closed up on us. It was FUNNY! It was a couch bed and when we sat on the head end, it would close up. We put Katy (her dog) on the feet end and made a slide out of it. We couldn't stop laughing."
Cheap entertainment...We often found ourselves amused by torturing her pets. Sick children, I tell you!

"12/1/95-In typing yesterday, one of our sentences was 'Pamela gave Nick some exquisite old jewelry,' or something and so Nick decides to slip in: 'Pamela gave Nick a kiss, and he gave her a hicky!!' So I typed: 'Pamela Anderson can kiss my butt!!' If Mrs. Oldham says anything, I'll tell her Pamela and I have been having personal, confidential problems that can't be revealed at this time, because her and I just don't get along!!"
Need I comment on this entry?!

Doug, this one is for you:
"12/11/95-I am so mad at Doug! First of all, he wrote on all his desks: 'Amy Bookout loves Nick.' Wait a minute, NO! Who does he think he is, he seems to think I like Nick! Whoa Buddy! Then he told his 4th hour I liked him! Now everyone thinks I like him! Don't you hate rumors?"
Funny thing is, Doug was right. :) Tee hee hee

"1/2/96-'Woo hoo! He said Woo Hoo! He said Woo Hoo? Yeah, when was the last time you said Woo Hoo?' I got that off a cartoon when I was channel surfing."
I still say Woo Hoo! Some things never change...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny thing is Amy, I don't remember doing that. Doug