Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Annoying

This past Saturday was the last day of my classes in Norman. My co-worker and I were scheduled to go for the afternoon elective class only, but we got permission to attend the morning elective at no charge. She and I had to take separate cars this weekend because she was planning to spend the night in the City with a friend.

So I set my alarm for 5 AM and got ready--the entire time congratulating myself that it was the last Saturday morning I would have to get up at 5 AM. I was very excited about that. I left my house around 6:15 and headed toward the City. For the past four trips we have stopped at McDonald's half way there for breakfast and continue driving. After I got my breakfast, I called my co-worker just to see if we were anywhere near each other on the road (we weren't following one another). She didn't answer, so I figured she couldn't hear her phone ringing in the car, or she couldn't reach it.

I finally made it to Norman 20 minutes before the class was supposed to start, so I dug out my schedule notebook to have something to read while I waited for my co-worker to get there and go inside with me. To my dismay--the morning class that we were wanting to go to wasn't until NEXT Saturday!! Panic struck me and I started getting irritated! I did NOT want to drive all the way back here another weekend. It's a two hour drive. Luckily there was another morning elective that I was able to attend, and I ended up skipping out on the afternoon session. I was READY to get home. My co-worker never showed up. She called me back during my morning break and said she knew the class wasn't until next Saturday, so she had slept in. Grrrr....

I was very annoyed. Not at her, or the class, but with myself. Oh well, at least I got it over with and don't have to go back this Saturday like she does. :)

No comments: