Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Painters

As I mentioned yesterday, I am changing offices next week. One of the requests that I had for my new office (which is currently my boss's) is that the wall paper on the main wall to my half of the space be removed and the wall be painted to match the rest of the space. The wall paper was a gigantic map of the world-wall to wall, so unless you are a geography teacher (like my friend Jeff), you can see where my desire to remove it stems from. Plus, it would completely clash with my wall decor. :)

The wall paper was removed yesterday, and they were scheduled to paint it this morning. My boss came in to tell me that the painter was wrapping up the quick paint job on the wall so I walked with him down to take a look.

Making a wise crack, as I entered his office I said, "Wow! You're gonna get high today from smelling this paint all day."

To which the painter curtly responded, "I hate to break it to you, but you can't get high on latex...it's water based paint. You might get sick, but not high."

(Me staring at him blankly)

"Yeah, I know. It was just a figure of speech."

Thanks for butting into my conversation. Have a nice day. :)

1 comment:

Sweet Yet Sassy said...

LOL! Dumb man!

P.S. Quit playing in your new office and come talk to me! I have been here 45 minutes and still NO word from you! Not even a 'good morning, I am playing brb'!

Muah!