Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Finally

So Friday is finally the big day that I have been counting down to for months...the Maroon 5 concert. I'm really excited, but I have to admit, this 2-3 hour event has turned into a big stress ball and when it's all said and done will have cost me about $700 and a few gray hairs.

To make a long story longer, Mike was scheduled to get his certification through the Assemblies (church) this past weekend. It wasn't until AFTER we purchased the Maroon 5 tickets for this weekend that they decided to change the ceremony to THIS Saturday at 2:00 pm. Originally we had planned to drive down to Houston on Friday for the concert, spend the night, and spend all day Saturday driving back home. Because they changed the dates on us, we have had to be creative to find an alternate solution.

Turns out there are no flights from Houston to Tulsa that would get us back earlier enough Saturday to make the mandatory ceremony. So after a lot of thought, suggestions from co-workers and family, and even offering to sell the concert tickets out of sheer desperation, this is the resolution we came to...and not a very pretty one at that:

Fly from Tulsa to Dallas Friday morning, rent a car and drive to Houston. Enjoy the heck out of the concert we've been so eager to watch for a few years now, which starts at 8:00 (which means M5 won't start playing until maybe 9). Fight the crowds out of the Toyota Center and in lieu of sleeping (who needs sleep), drive straight from Houston to the Dallas Love Field Airport to check in our car and catch a flight home that leaves (fingers crossed) at 8:00 am. Go home, crash for a couple of hours, then go to the ceremony (which I hope we don't sleep through), and then go back home and pass out.

So, if I could get a volunteer to call me, oh about every hour or so between midnight Friday and 5 am Saturday morning just to make sure we are still awake, that'd be just fine with me. Otherwise, I will apologize right now to any one that may receive a call from me during those hours requesting jokes/stories/quizzes or the likes to keep me chatting and awake.

The only thing I have to say about all of this is that Maroon 5 better put on the best frickin' concert I've ever seen to make it worth our while.

2 comments:

Sweet Yet Sassy said...

Thanks for the warning. I will turn off my phone!

Mwah ha ha!

Just kidding...I wouldn't want your blood on my hands. You may call me between the hours of midnight and one! HA!

I hope the concert is worth it!

doug said...

Dallas airport? Isn't this the same place you said to avoid because of all the delays??

lol