Friday, January 12, 2007

My trip to San Antonio

I went to San Antonio Tuesday and Wednesday for a quick business trip.

On my trip I...
showed an elderly gentleman how to turn off his Razor phone in exchange for a piece of gum on our flight.
successfully completed 6 Sudokus.
listened to a man constantly hock up lugies for an entire one hour flight.
seriously considered throwing things at said man to make him stop, but thought better of it when I played scenarios in my mind about how the end result could end up with one or both of us injured.
ordered a plate of nachos for lunch that was big enough to feed an entire herd of cattle.
had a few meetings (hence the reason for the trip).
watched the "People's Choice Awards."
learned what "Rainbow Air" was (a cleaning machine a hotel uses to filter/clean the air in the guestroom).
had another meeting.
ate at the Petroleum Club for the first time.
had one enjoyable flight (out of 4).
thought my head was going to explode with a combination of a head cold and the peak altitude of the airplane.
was thankful when I hit Tulsa.

It was a great trip!

3 comments:

doug said...

that Said guy probably felt as bad as you was annoyed. I have been on a plane with broncitis. Cough, Cough Cough everyone around you gives you pissy looks cause you are coughing. Give them a break they don't do it on purpose, I promise. But one guy was nice enough to give me halls. Even tho i had a whole bag in my mouth the whole time.

And did you see Carrie Underwood won two awards, but wasn't even there. I can see the others if you don't show. But this is the one where the fans (people who are buying you cd's t-shirts, etc.)vote you in. Little bit of a let down for me. :-(

Amy said...

D-I watched the People's Choice Awards...they didn't even air the two awards that she won, which may have been why she wasn't there. Or she may have had a prior obligation. The recipients are notified in advance that they have one those awards.

I don't hold it against her. :)

doug said...

She told them She was on vacation!. lol I did't watch it. Didn't know they didn't show her awards. Make me take back my Let down.