Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Brrr...it's freezing and I'm surrounded by idiots!

After a weekend full of ice, sleet, and freezing rain, there is a beautiful blanket of white...only it doesn't leave prints when you walk on it...that's of course, because it's ice. A solid layer of ice.

I am always reassured that I live in a world with idiots whenever it snows or ices. There's always the 4 wheel drive vehicles that think they are invincible and come whizzing by you while you are blazing to work doing a record speed of 8 miles per hour. Seriously. What is wrong with people??

It was, in fact, just this morning on my stroll to work that I saw desperation...pure desperation. A woman crossing the intersection heading over to the smoke shop wearing only capris and a windbreaker. Really? Now, I've never smoked cigarettes, and I don't know what it's like to be addicted to something like that, but I would think that if I ever was that desperate, I would put on more clothes than just capris and a windbreaker to take a hike in 17 degree weather. People are idiots.

So, at the conclusion of my 4 day weekend being stranded in my own home, I have nothing productive to show for it. There's really only so much TV watching/internet surfing that one can do before maxing out with boredom.

Note to self: Stock up on good groceries and snack food before the next ice storm blows through.

3 comments:

doug said...

The next ice storm is this weekend. So stock up. I agree with you on the idoits. But on the clear highways, Please don't do 10 mph.

Amy said...

I did 40 on the highways. :)

doug said...

Ok I had to follow a van yesterday on the way home. Doing no more than 10mph. I have wreaked my truck weeks ago, so raming you will not bother me people, stay home if you can't drive in this stuff. lol A car tried to pass them and they cut over into the other lane to stop them, from passing me and them. Thought about passing when they moved into the oncoming traffic lane to stop the other car, but decided not to since they would try to come back over and cause a wreak.