Thursday, July 06, 2006

This week I...

made home-made ice cream for the very first time.
caught some rays on the air mattress in the pool.
called Simon a wuss when he hid in the closet for 2 days hiding from the fireworks.
ate cotton candy and snow cones.
talked for like 6 hours in a row (I am training a new co-worker this week).
went to Champions on Ice and waited for one of them to fall...they didn't.
started getting excited about my trip to New Orleans next week.
ate lemon meringe pie for breakfast.
only worked 2.5 days (woo woo!).
watched "The Lake House" in a very small, stinky theater room.
celebrated the fourth of July on the top of a hill with about 150 other people.
saw about 10 Tulsa firework displays simultaneously on top of that hill.
ooohed and aaahhhed with the best of 'em.
found it very difficult to go back to work after the holiday.
felt like it was already turning fall in my backyard when I went to water my flowers and saw a ton of dry leaves already on the ground b/c it's been so hot.
jammed out to some cool songs with my dad after the Ice Capades.
jumped in a jupiter jump. Alone.

Hope you all had a great holiday!

2 comments:

doug said...

What did you expect simon to do. Dog have very sensitive hearing. They say a firecracker sounds like a bomb going off to a dog.

Amy said...

Doug-Yeah, next year I think we'll get him a sedative. :)