Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A walk down Memory Lane

So when I went to my friend's My Space page just now, I was delightfully excited to hear the familar beat and words to "The Right Stuff." Let me preface this by saying I was a DIE-HARD New Kids On the Block fan, but because of their secular nature was not allowed to listen to them at my house. So what did I do? I went to my best friend's house to dance to their music, play with the NKOTB barbie dolls, and religiously watch the VHS tapes with their concerts and videos. Good times for sure!

I remember being particularly jealous when my sister's best friend actually got to go see them live in concert, and the closest that I could get to them was to pull out my pancake sized button with Joey's face plastered on the front from my secret NKOTB stash.

Is it sad that I still know the words to their songs, and can still remember the feeling of excitement that I got when I finally mastered the lyrics to the Christmas song about Santa falling from the fireplace and burning his butt? Audrey and I would take turns walking around the block listening to their tapes on her walk-man. Oh the good ole days...

It's been fun remembering all of my associations with NKOTB. For now, I'll leave you with this, so that you can enjoy reminiscing with me...

1 comment:

April said...

How funny. :)