Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Concert

It's been almost 9 months since the last time we saw them...last night Mike and I got to see Switchfoot again in concert. What an awesome show! We got there at 5:30, but the doors didn't open until 7:00. We chatted with a humerous couple who were standing behind us in line to pass the time. It was freezing outside. Mike and I found an open door to the arena earlier on and ended up getting kicked back outside. :( We should have hidden in the bathrooms until the doors opened. ha ha

In any case, the doors opened at 7:00 and we got pretty good seats (it was open seating). We made ourselves comfortable-for as comfortable as stadium seating can be-and waited for the opening band to start at 8:00. I was a little surprised that the opening band was given 45 minutes to perform, but they were okay, so it wasn't too bad waiting through them. :) At 8:45, they start the stage set change to get ready for Switchfoot. I'm thinking they will be able to pull this change off in like 15-20 minutes b/c there were so many guys on stage moving stuff. WRONG. Another 45 minutes passed. By 9:30 I was starting to feel old as my eye lids were slowly fading shut and my body was screaming "I'm tired." Just as I was fading away, the lights went out and the crowd went wild!!!

Their show was amazing!! I loved and enjoyed it just as much the second time as I did the first time in St Louis. The only difference was that this time we weren't sitting out on the river underneath the Arch, which I'll admit was completely awesome.

We stayed for the whole show-wouldn't have it any other way. As we were walking out and the fans were screaming "Encore" for the millionth time, the crowd goes wild again. :) Yea! They were coming back onstage for an encore presentation--what more fitting a song than their signature song, "Meant to Live." What a great way to end a show! It was awesome! I'm really glad that we got the opportunity to see them for a second time.

I'll post a couple of pictures as soon as I can get them off my camera. :)

2 comments:

April said...

Oh, I'm jealous! :) I saw them at Cain's Ballroom last year. Is that where they were again?

Amy said...

April~
They were actually at the Reynolds Center at TU. :) It was an awesome show! :)