Monday, February 02, 2009

Time for a change

21 Birthday parties
10 renovations
20 Christmases
132 campouts in the backyard
15 new friendships made
1 car crash into the garage door
1 horse, 62 pigeons, 1 rabbit, 326 bees, 2 cats, 3 dogs...even a newborn calf in the kitchen once
8 colors of paint on the walls
4894 bike rides in the neighborhood
36 games of capture the flag
6 new trees
1 snake in the washing machine
7140 +/- family meals together
863 hikes in the woods
1 very bad ice storm
8736 loads of laundry
Numerous amounts of laughter shared
Limitless prayers prayed
Countless tears shed
Endless "I love yous" expressed

The time for change has finally come. As of 2 days ago, I put my house up for sale. Soon I will have a new home. I will say good-bye to 21 years of memories in the place I have called home. I will drive away from the only house I've really ever known and drive on to a new place, a new house that I will come to know and love. And along with it will bring new memories. I used to fear change, which I think stems from my inability to adapt well to it. Surprisingly, I have opened up more to the idea and have gradually started accepting it. It's time for a new beginning, and I am excited. It's long overdue. I am ready. I hope it comes sooner rather than later.

3 comments:

Sweet Yet Sassy said...

Wow! Amy Lou is finally moving!!! I am so happy for you guys!

It will be wierd for that home not to be in the "family" anymore. :(

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Very exciting. "Change is good, but it isn't always easy". Especially moving from a home with so many great memories!

April said...

How exciting. :)