Wednesday, July 23, 2008

In Ireland I...

unknowingly took the longest route from the Dublin airport to Galway.
saw a leprechaun...for reals.
dropped the top of my ice cream cone onto the ground accidentally. It totally sucked.
went into the Kylemore Abby Castle.
saw some killer sheep.
heard a dude playing bagpipes.
got my sixth sinus infection this year.
learned what 4D was.
saw the Spanish Arch.
watched the coolest parade ever.
missed my doggie.
ate croissants for breakfast. Everyday.
was told I couldn't enter the swimming pool area because I had street shoes on (flip flops) and I didn't have a swim cap on. Ugh.
saw a man so drunk he tripped down the stairs and fell face first into the concrete road.
tried to impersonate the Irish accent and sucked hardcore.
was flabbergasted at the wimpyness of the US dollar.
rode a train.
saw the hotel that U2 owns in Dublin.
took naps as often as I could because I couldn't get over the jet lag.
had hot tea with nearly every meal.
was challenged to find Dr Pepper for Mike.
stayed in a hotel that used to be the ambassador's home in Dublin.
took a city bus for the first time.
spent all of my money...and then some.
had a delayed flight coming home.
had to endure a two hour flight with a screaming kid the last stretch of the trip.

The trip was wonderful, but there's nothing like sleeping in your own bed after being away for 12 days. It's good to be home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, sounds like an amazing trip! Welcome home :)

April said...

Who knew you would have to pack a swim cap? :) I'm glad you had a good time.

Sweet Yet Sassy said...

Thanks for my killer sheep mug! LOL.

I will look for shadows of you in October. :)