Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Cookie cake-I Heart You.

For the record, I have been trying to be good and get back in my workout/eating healthy routine to get geared up for summer (which has been temporarily suspended since I've been sick), which has absolutely nothing to do with this blog, I just thought you should know that since I'm going to be blogging about cookie cake.

It was a surprise to me when I came to work today and saw a large cookie cake sitting on the counter with some congratulatory remarks etched in icing for a co-worker who has superceded his current goal for the company. That's what we do around here to congratulate people...we eat. And cookie cake happens to be one of my favorite desserts in the world, especially the white icing that is placed on the outer edge of the circle. It's so delicious.

So when the time came for the cake to be divied up amongst our group, I was reminded of my desire to cut back on junk to start getting back into shape for swimsuit season. So even though I was handed a full pie shaped piece, I made up my mind I would only eat half and save the other half for later..after lunch or something.

I held on tightly to my enticing piece and savored the moment as I ran my fingers around the edge of the plate while my other co-workers scarfed their pieces down. I finally dug into my "half" after a few minutes and then walked the other half back to my desk for after lunch. It sat there for all of two minutes taunting me, rubbing it in my face that the best half, the one with the yummy white icing, was still on the plate just calling out to be eaten.

Before I knew it, I was IMing my co-worker that the other half of my cookie cake didn't make it. I'd scarfed it down. :( Mike is right...I have no self control.

Sigh.

2 comments:

Sweet Yet Sassy said...

LOL! I guess what you should have done was eat that piece first so the other half didn't look so appealing. ;)

Anonymous said...

I consider this a happy ending. Cookie-cake is sooo worth it.