Tuesday, February 20, 2007

To Austin

I just got back from Austin-another work trip. Overall, a good trip, but felt like forever. That was probably because our meeting let out early at noon, so the three of us got to sit in the airport for five hours. That's right, FIVE. HOURS. Ugh. Pretty sure I've mastered the art of Sudoku, as I successfully completed at least 13-some more frustrating than others. ha!

On the flight down there, I witnessed something very funny. We had a very flamboyant flight attendant, who I thought was a hoot. Apparently the grouchy woman and her gripey husband sitting in front of us weren't so impressed with his gimics. She ordered a coffee. He was handing her the styrofoam cup as he was saying "Watch out it's really hot," then proceeded to drop the cup on her...it was empty. I'll admit, I jumped when he dropped it. I really thought it had something in it. She did NOT find it quite so amusing. In fact, she yelled at him, and he spent the next 45 minutes apologizing to her. I felt sorry for him. Why do people have to be so grouchy when they fly? Seriously. He was just having fun.

On the way home, I don't know what we did to deserve the severe punishment that we received. A man sat directly behind us...with MAJOR B.O. I mean, the kind that wreaks so bad you literally throw up in your mouth a little. Or a lot. It was disgusting. We giggled like school children as we put lotion on our hands to sniff to help ease the stinch. For an hour we had to endure that God-awful odor. I feel like throwing up just thinking about it.

It's good to be home...

3 comments:

doug said...

That woman is why people have stop trying to be nice. When you try to be nice people freak out and YELL. You should have told her to lighten up. Or is it just me that is that bold?

Airlines need to make a hygiene (spelling is close enough for me) policy!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

As an Austin-ite, sorry your trip here wasn't ideal!

I feel sorry for people who stink. Not as bad as I feel for you, the innocent person seated next to them in a confined area, but surely stinky people don't KNOW they stink, right? Just as talentless people who audition for American Idol don't have friends who inform them they absolutely cannot sing!

doug said...

I went to Austin Last August. Amy you should have went to 6th street. I found it to be a blast. They only part that wasn't fun was the drunk mexican who started walking into our hotel rooms, but it was funny when he tried to fight 5 cops, man what a beating he took. Funny part was manager came up and told us they had been looking for him in the next town south of us. He was an illegal who got in a fight and ran off. On foot how do you get a whole town away????