Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I can do it!!

So after taking a two month hiatus from consistently working out, I'm headed back to my usual routine: weights and cardio at LEAST 3 times a week. I blame my hiatus on my "busy schedule." I know, what a lame excuse but it's true. Okay, so it's just an excuse. If I really wanted to work out I would have made time. After all, I do have a membership to a 24 hour facility. But who wants to go burn fat at 11:00 at night? Certainly not I, so I opted to just skip, and in the mean time, the spot on the couch is getting a burning impression of my rear-end...which I blame entirely on my TV addicition. If it weren't for so many dang good shows on TV right now, I wouldn't find the need to sit in front of it nearly 10 hours a week (which will decrease as Idol kicks off more folks). I've finally decided that I'm just going to have to treat working out like an appointment, so that it doesn't get the boot when something better comes along that I want to do.

All that to say this, I have to bribe myself every year to get myself to stay motivated working out. It's not that I want to lose weight. I merely want to burn some fat and tone up for the summer. I have to think of something to buy myself or give myself that I wouldn't just go out and buy myself just because. I have to REALLY want it-hence the bribery. :)

So, this time if I work out at least 3 times a week for four weeks straight, I will reward myself with these super cute sandals. It's really going to be worth it...even if they are 62 bucks. :(

1 comment:

Sweet Yet Sassy said...

OMG! Those are super cute sandals! I LOVE them. Make sure you get them in 5 1/2 so I can borrow them. :)

Definitely not "meeting" shoes! HA!