Thursday, September 14, 2006

TSA is an oxymoron

I love reading stupid material that contradicts itself. :)

I am flying to New Orleans for a business trip in a couple of weeks, so I have been keeping a close watch on what will be permitted in my carry-on. I am a little frustrated that I will now have to re-evaluate my entire packing system to accommodate not having any liquids of any kind in my carry-on, then hope that the airline doesn't lose my luggage and leave me stranded without any of my necessities. That would really suck.

In any case, check this out-straight from the Transportation Security Administration website:

NO LIQUIDS OR GELS OF ANY KIND WILL BE PERMITTED IN CARRY-ON BAGGAGE. THESE ITEMS MUST BE IN CHECKED BAGGAGE. This includes all beverages, shampoo, suntan lotion, creams, toothpaste, hair gel, and other items of similar consistency. Read our Permitted and Prohibited Items list for more information.

Then a few breaths later they state:
Customers are asked to:
Not pack food or beverages in checked bags...

Wait, hold the phone-we can't put beverages in our carry-ons and we can't check them either??

Sigh.

To compensate, I better get two complimentary drinks on my flight instead of the usual "here's half a can of pop in a tiny cup. Thank you, have a nice flight."

3 comments:

doug said...

No the attempted attack from europe was liquid based so they decided to remove it. It was at first just supposed to be for Flights in and out of the U.S. but i guess they put it into full effect. Amy why would you bring a beverage anyway. They do have machines at the airports.

Amy said...

D-Yes, they do have beverages in the airport, but you can't take them on your flight.

Not that I would take one anyway, I'm just saying. :)

doug said...

Not anymore. MUh hah ha ha

They have never let me take my drinks on there, but you are not supposed to carry open containers of liquor around. lol