Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Doctor What?

One thing I really despise is going to the doctor. I had an appointment today-not for anything major. My appointment was at 11, so I thought I'd be nice and arrive like 15 minutes early so that they could get all my paper work processed and could get me in to my appointment on time.

WRONG.

Thirty minutes pass, and I am starting to get a little antsy. By the time 45 minutes passes, I'm sending text messages to friends letting them know how annoyed I am. After an hour, that's right-an hour, of just sitting there watching many people come and go before me, my patience is flat out gone.
Just as I'm about to get up and show the entire crowded waiting room just how impatient I am, another lady beats me to it and goes up to the check in desk to complain about having to sit there for 30 mintues (why didn't I complain sooner?!). I decided that if that woman got to go in before me after only waiting 30 minutes, I was going to be livid. Thank goodness, the door opened at that time and the nurse called my name. The nurse weighs me and takes my blood pressure then takes me to the little room where I am supposed to meet with the doctor.

I sit in that room and wait ANOTHER 15 mintues for the doctor to come in. By that time, I've had enough time to read 16 magazines, make 5 phone calls, plan out my entire dinner menu, polish off a box of Reese's Pieces, and still have time to twiddle my thumbs.

Next time I have an appointment, if I'm not going to see the doctor until NOON, don't freakin make my appointment at 11.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

1 comment:

doug said...

Glad i don't have your doctor. I Get appointment at 11 and i would be in at 11 or sooner. I love my doctor. And that is not only cause he gives me free drugs. lol J/K